The MRX 710, MRX 510 and MRX 310 mean that you can now have an A/V receiver with no trade-offs. They deliver high-end performance and ease of integration in one stunning unit.
Anthem Electronics is pleased to announce the next generation of its popular high-end A/V receivers: MRX 710, MRX 510 and MRX 310. High-quality amplification, ease of integration and a forward-looking feature set with a new version of Anthem Room Correction (ARC 1M) reinforce Anthem’s position as a leading provider of affordable high-end A/V receivers. Aesthetically, these next-generation models feature a sleek, minimalist front panel and well-organized back panel. With IP and RS-232 control, the new line-up boasts an expanded, highly flexible command set including drivers for popular control systems, as well as remote control apps for Android and iOS (Apple) devices.
OVERVIEW OF MRX GENERATION 2
A room’s physical dimensions, architectural details, even furnishings, play a dramatic role in sound quality, so Anthem engineers saw fit to further refine the company’s award-winning room correction system. Dubbing it ARC 1M, the software and microphone kit are again included as part of the MRX offering. ARC 1M connects via Ethernet, enjoys a higher level of digital signal processing and offers users the option to print ‘before and after’ room measurement graphs.
MRX 710 and 510 feature 7 channels of power. MRX 310 (due out early 2014) is a five-channel unit. All models feature Anthem’s proprietary Advanced Load Monitoring, designed to keep a constant eye on output.
Maximum continuous output into 8 ohms, 20 Hz to 20 kHz, 0.1% THD:
MRX 710 120 W (2 channels driven), 90 W (5 channels driven)
MRX 510 100 W (2 channels driven), 75 W (5 channels driven)
MRX 310 80 W (2 channels driven), 60 W (5 channels driven)
IMPROVEMENTS AND ADDITIONS IN MRX GENERATION 2 (applicable to all models, unless otherwise stated)
- 7 HDMI inputs plus a front-panel input on MRX 710 and MRX 510
- 4K upscaling and pass-through
- HDMI Audio Return channel
- Faster HDMI switching
- Up to 20 input configurations
- Software updates via USB drive
- DTS-HD Master Audio now available for the MRX 310 (previously only included in the upper models)
- Remote Control Apps for Apple and Android
- Larger, easier to read on-screen menus and improved status displays
- Dual speaker configuration
- Speaker crossover now adjustable in 10-Hz increments
- Optical and coaxial as well as analogue inputs send music to Zone 2
- Bi-amping of front Left/Right channels on MRX 710 and MRX 510
- Power consumption in standby mode: <0.3 W
… AND CARRIED OVER FROM MRX GENERATION 1
- High-quality amplification and loads of real power!
- Video Conversion from Composite Video and Component Video to HDMI
- 1080p24 mode
- Dolby Volume
- AM/FM Tuner
- 3D support
- Dolby TrueHD and Dolby Digital Plus
- DTS-HD Master Audio
- DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
- AnthemLogic – Cinema, Music
- Dolby Pro Logic IIx – Movie, Music including Centre Width, Dimension and Panorama adjustments
- DTS Neo: 6 – Cinema, Music
- All-Channels (All-Speaker Stereo)
Estimated availability of MRX 710 and MRX 510: Autumn 2013. MRX 310 is due out early 2014.