The weakest element of any high-fidelity system is the room. Typical rooms introduce up to 10dB of distortion in the frequency response. Furthermore, loudspeakers with a perfect impulse response don’t exist. Trinnov’s ST2-HiFi solves the acoustic equation. It takes your high-end system to a whole new level of accuracy, from high-fidelity to acoustic-fidelity.
In A Nutshell
The ST2-HiFi is today’s most advanced loudspeaker/room optimiser. It offers Trinnov’s patented digital room correction technologies in a package specifically customized for Hi-Fi enthusiasts.
In a nutshell, the ST2-HiFi offers the following benefits:
- Easy Set-up in 4 steps
- Powerful Algorithms: Multi-point measurements, time-frequency analysis, comprehensive graphs and much more…
- Flexible fine-tuning to meet your personal taste for sound balance
- High Performance Audio boards, designed and manufactured by Trinnov
- Multiple Remote Control options, from Infra-Red to Smart-phones
- Insert the system between your player/preamplifier and the amplifiers and connect the microphone
- Run the step-by-step calibration wizard
- Select one of the 5 automatically generated compensations
- Change the target curves and other optimisation parameters
- Store up to 6 customisable profiles and 29 user-defined presets
- Multi-point measurements of all loudspeakers
- Time-frequency analysis: the loudspeaker and the room are separately equalized
- Automatic optimisation of amplitude and phase response according to Target Curves
- Intelligent active crossovers: automatic alignment of delays and gains for every driver
- Comprehensive acoustical graphs
- Optimisation parameters: maximum boost, maximum attenuation…
- Manual FIR, parametric and graphic EQ’s
- Via optional IR module
- Using optional touch-screen
- From any PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android phone (from a VNC client application, through the network)
- Real-time control of the processor
|ADC Resolution / Sampling Rate||24 bits/96 kHz|
|DAC Resolution / Sampling Rate||24 bits/192 kHz|
|A/D signal-to-noise ratio||119 dB (A-Weighted)|
|THD+N ADC||-103 dB|
|D/A signal-to-noise ratio||118 dB (A-Weighted)|
|THD+N DAC||-98 dB|
|Clock / Jitter||Variations under 25ps are recovered, jitter attenuation superior to 50 dB is achieved above 100Hz|
|Power Supply||Independant for audio and processing sections|
|Safety components||AntiPop relays on each analog output|
|Design and Assembly||All Audio boards designed and manufactured in France by Trinnov Audio|
|Analog I/O||4 single-ended channels inputs via 4 x cinch (10k Ohms)|
|4 single-ended channels outputs via 4 x cinch (10k Ohms)|
|4 balanced channels inputs via 4 x XLR (20k Ohms)|
|4 balanced channels outputs via 4 x XLR (20k Ohms)|
|AES I/O||2 channels input via 1 x XLR (110 ohms)|
|2 channels output via 1 x XLR (110 ohms)|
|Spdif||2 channels inputs via 1 x cinch (75 ohms)|
|2 channels outputs via 1 x cinch (75 ohms)|
Important Note: SPDIF, AES, Single-Ended and Balanced Analog outputs are mirrored.
|Processor||Intel Dual-Core 1,8 GHz|
|Data Width||64 bits, floating point|
|RAM||1 Go DDR3|
|Storage||Flash Drive 1 GB|
|Cooling System||Custom heat sinks + additionnal slow fans|
|Maximum number of processing channels||4 channels at 96 kHz|
- Chassis: 2U
Power supply: 240V AC / 50-60 Hz. Option: 130V AC
Consumption: 90 W max.
- - Operating : 0°C – 40°C (32°F – 104°F)
- - Humidity : 20% – 80% relative humidity (without condensation)
The ST2 Hi-Fi is an all-included solution:
- The hardware is not scalable. The ST2 HiFi is limited to a 4 simultaneous inputs/outputs use regardless of the 6 stereo inputs available
- The ST2 HiFi includes an Optimiser 4 bundle. Software upgrades can be purchased so the unit can always access new implemented features
Trinnov Processors can be remotely controlled via Ethernet IP commands, RS-232 or from any device through VNC.
The most confortable solution for a ST2 HiFi is VNC. Complete remote control can be achieved through the network from any device, such as desktops, laptops, smartphones or tablets running any operating system.
An external IR module is also available as an option to use a third party remote-control.
The measurement microphone is optional.